[Nottingham] LugRadio...

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sat Mar 25 13:19:19 GMT 2006

On Friday 24 Mar 2006 13:46, Andy Davidson wrote:
> Colin Saxton wrote:
> > Strange...I only wished that I had checked my cookies before clearing
> > them down (damn) but that fixed the problem...In other words...there is
> > a cookie that when set to a certain value will show you the source to
> > the php pages??!?
>
> Software on the server interprets the php to produce html which is
> served.  At no point is the php code available to you.

..assuming Apache is correctly configured.

It sounds to me as though Colin at some point has used the site when Apache
there didn't have the php type correctly registered (perhaps they'd just
upgraded a package - though usually a server would be taken down, albeit
briefly, until a new configuration had been checked).   Then the result has
been cached, and that's what he's kept seeing.

--
David Aldred