[Nottingham] Suse Firewall issue

pat gadget.pat at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 27 04:09:18 BST 2006

Hi again!

Issue 2

My 2nd issue is with Samba and the Suse firewall.  I managed to setup
Samba and share files between my Suse pc and xp laptop.  The laptop can
see the shares on Suse and copy, paste data etc.  When I try to do the
same from the Suse pc, it dosn't show the other pc's.  When I disable
the firewall on Suse, there is no problem.  I've tried enabling the ip
addresses of the pc's on my network in the settings and that seemed to
work until I restarted the suse pc.  As ever, I can solve the issue on a
MS system but not too sure if i'm missing something obvious in linux.

All the searching and reading is making my eyes go blurred :-( I'm at
that point where "...the lights are on, but nobodys in" stage - I'm
reading the info but not taking it in.  That's what i get when I burn
the candle from both ends but not much choice at the mo.

Is there a webpage with info I can just follow or am I just missing the
obvious again due to tiredness.

Thanx
pat