[Nottingham] Problems compiling - libstdc++

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun May 21 18:45:00 BST 2006

Peter Aldred wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been having a problem compiling and was hoping someone might be able to
> throw some pointers my way!
>
> I'm trying to compile the latest version of Amarok (I haven't been able to
> find a working rpm yet) and while installing some dependencies from cooker
> (not yet available in stable) I must have somehow borked my gcc.
[---]
> [root at peter amarok-1.4.0]# rpm -qa | grep gcc
> gcc-c++-4.1.1-1mdk
> gcc-4.1.1-1mdk
> gcc-cpp-4.1.1-1mdk
> libgcc1-4.1.1-1mdk
[---]

> System: Mandriva 2006, KDE 3.5.2
>
> Any help or pointers much appreciated!

MMmmm, how come you're already up on gcc 4.1.1?

For the same system I get:

gcc-doc-4.0.1-5mdk
gcc-doc-pdf-4.0.1-5mdk
gcc-colorgcc-4.0.1-5mdk
libgcc1-4.0.1-5mdk
gcc-4.0.1-5mdk
gcc-cpp-4.0.1-5mdk
gcc-c++-4.0.1-5mdk

Just about to upgrade to 4.0.3 for the bug fixes from the tarball. (And
then sometime later a kernal source compile to see if the latest AGP
fixes fix the screen saver crashing Xorg on me...)

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk