[Nottingham] Problems compiling - libstdc++

Peter Aldred peter at aldred.org
Sun May 21 19:20:24 BST 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 18:44, Martin wrote:
> > [root at peter amarok-1.4.0]# rpm -qa | grep gcc
> > gcc-c++-4.1.1-1mdk
> > gcc-4.1.1-1mdk
> > gcc-cpp-4.1.1-1mdk
> > libgcc1-4.1.1-1mdk
>
> [---]
>
> > System: Mandriva 2006, KDE 3.5.2
> >
> > Any help or pointers much appreciated!
>
> MMmmm, how come you're already up on gcc 4.1.1?

Not entirely sure, actually. I don't remember installing it explicitly, could
it have come as a dependency? Is there a way of finding out when an rpm was
installed?

I tried:
[root at peter amarok-1.4.0]# ls -la /usr/bin/gcc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 21 Oct 31  2005 /usr/bin/gcc -> /etc/alternatives/gcc*

Any light? I'm afraid I can't remember what I was doing in October, or why
gcc-4.1.1!

Might there be an advantage in reverting to an earlier version?

> Just about to upgrade to 4.0.3 for the bug fixes from the tarball. (And
> then sometime later a kernal source compile to see if the latest AGP
> fixes fix the screen saver crashing Xorg on me...)

Sounds like fun :) I've yet to experiment with a kernel compile, might have to
fix my current issues before branching out in that direction!
--
Pete