[Nottingham] Colo / dedicated or virtual servers

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Tue May 23 14:10:39 BST 2006

Dobbo wrote:
> 1) http://www.poundhost.co.uk/ - I think some of the
> ex staff use these chaps, although I haven't and now
> host my own at...

I have a box with them in Maidenhead, and latency to it in the evening
from an otherwise disused Zen line is really poor.

I really should install smokeping on it to start gathering data about
the problem if I want to put pressure on them to fix it I guess...

London end-user colo is very cheap, check out :
    ... www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk

.. though now that London colo centres are finding that they are having
lots of trouble shifting heat away from kit that drinks power, expect
pricing to raise considerably.

> Hi to all the ex HostE/Pipex staff some may/may not
> remember me! lol!

Hi, :-)