[Nottingham] What distro?

Iain Lennon ril at doctors.org.uk
Tue May 23 22:56:15 BST 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 22:28, Jim wrote:

> So the mp3 patent issue is affecting all the distros then, I take it?
> Dagnabbit.

I´m using the 64bit version of mandriva 2006.0
I selected this over fedora a year ago specifically because of the MP3 issue
as I already had a large stack which I couldn´t face converting to another
format. Mandriva will play them out of the box: I currently use amaroK on
KDE.

The plf rpm source can also add packages with possible legal issues such as
libdvdcss as it is not maintained by mandriva and therefore does not appear
to pose a corporate risk to them

--
Iain Lennon