[Nottingham] Colo / dedicated or virtual servers

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Wed May 24 20:11:25 BST 2006

Ello

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 14:10 +0100, Andy Davidson wrote:
[Poundhost]
> I have a box with them in Maidenhead, and latency to it in the evening
> from an otherwise disused Zen line is really poor.
>
> I really should install smokeping on it to start gathering data about
> the problem if I want to put pressure on them to fix it I guess...

I've had smokeping collecting data as viewed from CWCS in Nottingham for
some time, but was only looking at local default gateway and upstream
line ends. I've extended it to look at some other hosts which are
principally of interest to me; if anyone wants a host adding then please
email me off-list and I'll stick it into the config.
Note that CWCS have had some recent network <cough> "issues", as
evidenced by long periods where the local default gw has RTT over 20ms
with 10% packet loss...

> London end-user colo is very cheap, check out :

Sadly, 75 quid a month is not something I can swallow, no matter how
good a network it is or how nice the people are!

Graeme