[Nottingham] Colo / dedicated or virtual servers

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu May 25 09:44:02 BST 2006

Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 20:11 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> <snip smokeping discussion>
>
> ...and here's the URL:
>
> http://www.graemef.net/smokeping/

I've never been too keen on the smokeping charts. The grey shading is
just a little too smoky!

I've customised mrtg to chart max and min rtt ping times which I think
is more useful than taking the median value. Certainly shows when a link
gets congested.

A second chart plots the number of pings sent & pings lost and mrtg can
also be set to plot the percentage (pings lost) from those two.

Its the max delays and packet loss that users complain about!

Configs & scripts available on request :-)

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk