[Nottingham] Wireless Broadband

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue May 30 15:04:06 BST 2006

Chris Burton wrote:
[---]
> How do you find throughput on the DWL-2000AP+ ?
>
> In my old $dayjob we had about 5 of them in and after testing a couple
> send them back to D-Link as they could only manage about 500kbps - 1Mbps

How recently?

Not noticed any problems with this one and it seems to give the claimed
maximum data rate at short ranges.

There's been a few firmware revisions for them, and like all WiFi
devices they are rather sensitive to RF interference.

I suspect old/cheap/dirty microwave ovens to be the main killer :-(

Also note that different manufacturers very likely don't quite follow
the same 'standards'.

What do you use now and with any better results?

martin at ml1.co.uk