[Nottingham] Wireless Broadband

Chris Burton Chris at 7of9b.org
Tue May 30 15:24:27 BST 2006

> How recently?

It would be a few months before xmas as I remember (but probably longer due
to brain rott).

> I suspect old/cheap/dirty microwave ovens to be the main killer :-(
I went with a crap firmware/hardware view... other makes/models seemed to
work fine in our office/workshop.

> Also note that different manufacturers very likely don't quite follow
> the same 'standards'.
Yup sad thing was it got better if it was talking D-Link <> Belkin vs D-Link
<> D-Link.

> What do you use now and with any better results?
In that case about 200 meters of cat5 with 2 switches inbetween, the
"wireless" line between offices was a lot shorter than this (about 15m).

ChrisB.