[Nottingham] MySQL backed nameserver

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Thu Nov 2 18:11:11 GMT 2006

On 02/11/2006 17:47, Tom Bird wrote:
> SQL backing DNS is retarded, use dynamic zones.

Well hello, Mr Opinionated! Once again Tom lands with a fair and
even-handed appraisal of the various technical approaches being
discussed and suggests another one in useful amounts of detail.

</sarcasm>

SQL backing DNS is an appropriate solution for many situations, old
chap, especially in very large systems where the startup time is
critical. For me, an SQL-backended DNS server with the ability to handle
  DDNS updates with TSIG keys would be perfect, only such a system
doesn't (currently) exist.

I could've sworn I already mentioned dynamic DNS, anyway.

Graeme