[Nottingham] Where is everyone?

Jim Moore james at the-computer-shop.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 00:56:31 GMT 2006

I was a little distracted - just round the corner unjamming somebody's (read:
mine) rifle. Also, my brother managed to get his PCP to dump on him, which
also required a bit of surgery (read: percussive maintenance) to put right.

Oh, yeah; and I was having so much fun blowing bottle caps to bits I plum
forgot! :\ Not that I had any money for even a half anyway...

Aaaaanyway.

I've got on my list for the 12th: one 24-port switch, I'll also bring a dozen
ethernet cables of 2m-10m lengths, two laptops (one running SuSE, the other
Wintendo for the inevitable LAN party), a couple power strips and some Intel
Pro Wireless PCMCIA cards (which I'll be banging out at a pantwetting tenner
a pop). There'll probably be a couple Edimax 22MBit cards in the mix as well,
if I can find those. And of course, the customary collection of Linux
CDs/DVDs. :) Anything else needed hardware/component-wise? Gimme a yell, I'll
see what I have and what I can fit on the bike. No Lian-Li cases! :p

Speaking of wireless: will a wireless router be required for
testing/connection? If so, I can supply a Belkin 54g with ethernet connection
+ 4-port switch, so we can slave it to the wired network or connect it
straight in, or even just leave it as a tailless wireless testing box.
Is there any chance of being able to park a pushbike inside at the venue? I'm
asking because it'll be carrying everything, and I don't fancy a half dozen
trips up and down the stairs with the gear.
Last question (promise!): what time's the pre-event doors opening, for setting
up?

Cheers,
Jim
--