[Nottingham] Ubuntu USB Voyager Modem - nice try!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 10:26:43 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 09:55, Dallas Simpson wrote:
>  Hi Guys,

Hi Dallas, please start a new thread when starting a new topic (it looks like
you used "Reply" in your mail client: References:
<20061103092300.17981.qmail at web25211.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>
<20061103095123.glqumjn5ao80so40 at webmail.paulmellors.net>)

> tried doing this in Ubuntu V4, came totally unstuck at step 4

Do you mean Hoary (Ubuntu 5.04)?

> The editor came up blank and I could not save the single command - dabusb
> The file structure appeared to be absent!!

So the /etc/hotplug/blacklist is not around -- I couldn't say if it was it
there in Hoary. Any reason why you haven't moved on up to a supported
version?

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
The first marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence,
and the second the triumph of hope over experience.