[Nottingham] Ubuntu USB Voyager Modem - nice try!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 11:35:07 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 11:02, Dallas Simpson wrote:
> Apologies,
> So how do I start a new thread other than change the subject title??

Create a new message to nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk - otherwise, depending
on your mail application (yours seems to be Microsoft Outlook Express
6.00.2900.2869) the mail will effectively be part of the thread of the
message to which you are replying.

> What is a "supported"  version, I thought support was what this list was
> about??

Sorry, I should've explained: Ubuntu versions are supported for a certain
amount of time. To quote ubuntu.com: The version number comes from the year
and month of the release...

The first release (Warty Warthog) was released in October 2004, release number
4.10.
The second release (Hoary Hedgehog) was released in April 2005, release number
5.04.
The third release (Breezy Badger) was released in October 2005, release number
5.10.
The fourth release (Dapper Drake) was released in June 2006, release number
6.06 LTS

...of course, you might be able to find support for any version, but it gets
harder to find as time marches on. What version are you running? Is it 4.10
(Warty)? If so you'll have trouble following howtos based on anything recent
(unless, you're lucky and nothing has changed in that area!).

> Sorry for troubling the list,

No trouble - we just need some clues to start finding you the help you need.
Now, I don't know the first thing about a BT Voyager, but I can at least find
out where the howto differs from your system, and thus set you on the right
track.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--