[Nottingham] Ubuntu USB Voyager Modem - nice try!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 12:13:42 GMT 2006

Michael Erskine wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 11:02, Dallas Simpson wrote:
>> Apologies,
>> So how do I start a new thread other than change the subject title??
>
> Create a new message to nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk - otherwise, depending

Otherwise it does make a mess of threaded readers and the maillist
threaded archives! - Just to be tidy :-)

Easiest is to hit "Write" or "New message" and then just cut and paste
the nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk address from the mail you have open.

I've got the address book to alias all that lot to "nlug". Much easier
to type.

Always good to ask :-)

>> What is a "supported"  version, I thought support was what this list was
>> about??
>
> Sorry, I should've explained: Ubuntu versions are supported for a certain
> amount of time. To quote ubuntu.com: The version number comes from the year
[---]

>> Sorry for troubling the list,
>
> No trouble - we just need some clues to start finding you the help you need.
> Now, I don't know the first thing about a BT Voyager, but I can at least find
> out where the howto differs from your system, and thus set you on the right
> track.

There's quite a lot on the web about the tricks required to get the BT
Voyager to work. Its more a problem of finding which trick! And all that
may well have already been fixed in the latest releases. We'll have the
latest Ubuntu/Kubuntu disks with us.

You're very welcome to bring your box along to the LAN party for some
local fix-it support if you wish. We'll likely see what's needed.

martin at ml1.co.uk