[Nottingham] RE: LAN Party show of hands and checklist & RE: Kororaa

Jim Moore james at the-computer-shop.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 15:51:30 GMT 2006

re: LAN party:
24-port switch: check
one dozen (12) cat5 cables, varying lengths: check
one(1) six-gang power strip: check
two laptops: check and check
one pack (25) CDR media: check
one bootkit: check
one multi card reader: check
selection of flash media*: check

*256MB USB flash, some PC100/133 RAM from 16-64MB. If ya need anything else,
gimme a yell.

re: Kororaa:
I've been playing with this all day, for wont of any actual work to do. I
reckon it would improve productivity (for me at least), since with a simple
keyboard shortcut you can switch between a maximised workspace and a tool
panel (ie for GIMP), hence you're not being distracted by moving focus from
the workspace to a tiny pane somewhere in the taskbar. Works for me. YMMV.
People will see advantages and disadvantages to rotating the screen as
opposed to just flipping desktops. That's just my take.
--
Linux Cluster Solutions -*- http://dotware.co.uk/
Registered Linux user #426308 -*- http://counter.li.org