[Nottingham] Career change + perl.

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 15:54:12 BST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 09:01, Paul Mellors wrote:
> I'm learning PHP and can code in html quite easily.  Is PERL something i
> should add to my skillset.  It's not something i need right now but i see
> so many jobs out there that need it.....is it that good from a web
> developers point of view?  Maybe some one could chat to me about it on
> Thursday night?

Of course, I'm biased, but I'd recommend Perl for anybody interested in
getting thing done - I find it to be a very expressive language in which I
can quickly and elegantly say what I mean.

I can tell you more at Thursday's meeting.

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
		-- Oscar Wilde