[Nottingham] Wifi under SuSE

Jim Moore james at the-computer-shop.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 23:46:42 BST 2006

Well, hopefully a good evening was had by all, and I actually came away having
learned something tonight - how to configure my wireless!

Not that I really bothered before, usually when I'm on the laptop I'm
somewhere near an RJ45 be it at home or on site somewhere, but I knew from
the stuff the box does during startup that everything was in place to
actually /do/ what needed to be done, it just needed for me to actually get
the hint and take the incentive.

Now I'm free to do such crazy stuff as (I'm doing now) posting emails from the
banks of the Trent. Fresh air is nice; it's even better when I don't have to
trail cat5 on active repeaters from my switch :\

It certainly bodes well (for me at least) as regards wireless LAN partying...!

Now, off for some wardriving up at the Lace Market... nite all!

ps: and, ah, note to self: start packing Linux discs again...
--
Linux Cluster Solutions -*- http://dotware.co.uk/
Registered Linux user #426308 -*- http://counter.li.org