[Nottingham] Re: Wed 18/10/2006, food, & installfest

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Fri Oct 13 16:04:36 BST 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Michael Erskine wrote:

> On Thursday 12 October 2006 12:14, Joshua Lock wrote:
>> On 12 Oct 2006, at 11:22, Michael Erskine wrote:
>>> Here's my spin: Josh coordinates the installifest at Trent for the
>>> students
>>> (it is a student soc after all) and then drags them over to the
>>> Flaming
>>> Dragon in the evening. That way we don't have to organise anything
>>> else!
>
> Anyone who saw this and thought "huh?" might want to know that we're
> discussing next Weds' social over on another list and there was a bit of
> cross-talk!
>
> We're considering the Flaming Dragon oriental buffet in the Cornerhouse - does
> anyone want to share any opinions this place?
>
> Regards,
> Michael Erskine.

Here goes! (remember, you asked for it! ;- ))

Andy and I thought it was bland and overpriced, the one (and only)  time
we have dined there.  They seemed to have put a lot of effort into the
fancy dress and decor, and not much into the chef and ingredients in our
hubmle opions.  The food was on average salty, but not particularly tasty,
and I think they must have either had a run on garlic, or didn't realise
it could be used in the preparation of food to enhance its favour.  In
contrast, We thought the food at the #1 Chinese Buffet was better (and
about half the price), so have gone back there in preference.  If everyone
is up for the Effeminate Dragon, we'd probably give it a second chance,
but may bring our pillows along to muffle our kicking and screaming.

Cheers!

-Stef