[Nottingham] LaTeX talk proposal

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 10:41:31 BST 2006

Joshua Lock wrote:
> Hi Jonathan!
>
> First off apologies that nobody has replied sooner! There seems to be a
> bit of uncertainty about who is responsible for what at this current
> juncture?

Well, Michael E and myself are keeping things /coordinated/ at least.
Any other organising help will be greatly appreciated. There's also the
"geeks" list for anyone whom wishes to be more involved. All welcome,
please let me know.

> On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 01:58 +0100, Jonathan wrote:
>> At the last social I casually proposed giving my maiden talk for the
>> group, 'An introduction to the LaTeX typesetting system'. A couple of
>> you expressed interest and suggested I posted to the mailing-list
>> outlining my plans.
>
> [Snip]
>
> Sounds great! And I, for one, am truly looking forward to it!
>
>> I'm not entirely sure what the administrative protocols are for giving
>> talks, but if committee want's me to go ahead and prepare the talk,
>> just give me a date and I'll get to work.
>
> Unfortunately there seem to be no admin protocols.

Its whatever we make it! So far, informal seems to work well!

> However the last meet showed great interest in your talk so I'd suggest
> that; should you be willing; you prepare the talk for the next meet.
> There is nothing concrete planned for that date (02/11/06) so I would
> provisionally suggest you present then?

I certainly agree with that and it will be good to see what can be done
with the latest/present version of LaTeX etal.

> Once again apologies for the lack of response!

And thanks to Josh also. I'm a little snowed under with jobs at the
moment...

> I look forward to your talk!
>
> - J

Seconded!