[Nottingham] LaTeX talk proposal

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 00:14:14 BST 2006

Hi Jonathan!

First off apologies that nobody has replied sooner! There seems to be a
bit of uncertainty about who is responsible for what at this current
juncture?

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 01:58 +0100, Jonathan wrote:
> At the last social I casually proposed giving my maiden talk for the
> group, 'An introduction to the LaTeX typesetting system'. A couple of
> you expressed interest and suggested I posted to the mailing-list
> outlining my plans.

[Snip]

Sounds great! And I, for one, am truly looking forward to it!

> I'm not entirely sure what the administrative protocols are for giving
> talks, but if committee want's me to go ahead and prepare the talk,
> just give me a date and I'll get to work.

Unfortunately there seem to be no admin protocols.
However the last meet showed great interest in your talk so I'd suggest
that; should you be willing; you prepare the talk for the next meet.
There is nothing concrete planned for that date (02/11/06) so I would
provisionally suggest you present then?

Once again apologies for the lack of response!

I look forward to your talk!

- J