[Nottingham] [Talk] Thurs 07-09-2006: Open Source And Second Life

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 11:27:51 BST 2006

Folks,

This *Thursday* 7th September 2006 we are honoured to have:

Open Source And Second Life
===========================

Our new resident virtual reality guru, Jim Purbrick will be giving his
Euro OSCON talk...

"Second Life is an online virtual world completely created and owned by
its residents. This talk will introduce Second Life and present Open
Source as an important part of Second Life's past, present and future.
As an example, our current work integrating the Mono Open Source runtime
will be described in detail."

Venue: The Navigation Inn, 6 Wilford Street, Nottingham, NG2 1AA
Tel: 0115 9417139
Location see:
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=NG21AA

About 2 mins walk from The Trip to Jerusalem just the other side of
Castle Boulevard right near The Irish. Right on top of the canal lock.

19:30 doors open
20:00 talk
then... beer and chinwag 'til closing time!

Looks to be good!

All welcome,

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/

martin at ml1.co.uk