[Nottingham] GNOME Question

Craig Lynch midnight.demon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:25:34 BST 2006

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone on here could point me in the right
direction. I currently have a command line applet on my GNOME Panel. I
think the original intention of it was to provide an easy way to execute
programs without having to move from keyboard.
Here comes the problem - I have to move away from the keyboard to put
focus on the applet.
I guess this boils down to: Does anyone know a quick and simple way I
could apply a keyboard shortcut to this applet, there doesn't appear to
be a way internal to the applet or GNOMEs' hotkey system - The closest I
can find in the hotkey system is open a terminal which just adds to an
already cluttered desktop.
I have googled and looked around but nothing seems to jump out at me as
an obvious solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Craig