[Nottingham] (no subject)

David Bottrill david at bottrill.org
Mon Apr 2 12:49:22 BST 2007

malcolm_read at ntlworld.com wrote:
> Anyone have any experience of using Sky broadband?
> Obviously I am particularly interested in problems with getting Linux to
> work with it, but any general comments about availability, speed etc would
> be useful.
> (I understand it's via a BT line with an ADSL modem.)

I setup Sky Broadband for a friend a couple of weeks ago. Sky provide a
pre-configured D-Link wireless router. This has 4 Ethernet points as well
as wireless. The box is supplied pre-configured and ready to plug in and
run. The user is also separately sent details of their account login and
the wireless configuration for the router, WEP if I remember. As this is
plug and play there is no reason why this should be a problem for Linux
users.

--
David Bottrill

david at bottrill.org