[Nottingham] Talk - Thursday 19th April

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 19:25:12 BST 2007

Jason Cozens wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 23:48 +0100, Joshual Lock wrote:
[---]
>> I'd be OK with my iBook being used as a presentation platform hooked
>> up to Micks projector. It does OOo presentations or spiffy PDF
>> slideshows among other formats.
>>
> Anything that I can show an OOo presentation on. I can bring it on a USB
> stick or CD.

I'm sure Josh can cope with the USB stick. Don't know if it includes
something as old fashioned as a /CD/ drive...?

> Does the projector have 2 inputs? If so I can bring my desktop box and
> have the Hurd running on that and flip to the presentation.

Yep, it does, but there's only one VGA lead. It has sound also. I'll
have to see if I can find another lead.

> I've been looking through the material and there's quite a bit just on
> the Hurd itself, so I could put some context around why I'm looking at
> the Hurd and discuss the Hurd as it is today and move on to the other
> stuff later.

I think that some background to Hurd, your interest in the eager
scheduling, and what can be done with it all should take us well into
the night easily enough!

Sounds interesting,

Should make for a good next Thursday (19/04/2007).

What running title do you want?

martin at ml1.co.uk