[Nottingham] Scanners

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Wed Aug 1 14:37:43 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm after replacing a scanner at work which is on its last legs. Can
anybody recommend an A4 flatbed scanner that works with Linux, uses USB
and can be purchased somewhere in England :)

I've gone through ebuyer, dabs, komplett, xma, scan and compared their
list of scanners with the one on the "Sane Supported Devices" website
and come up short. I've found just *one* scanner of around £100 or less
that has any support at all (the Mustek ScanExpress 1200CU+ from
ebuyer), but I'd be interested it anybody can offer any other
suggestions.

Cheers,

Roger