[Nottingham] Scanners

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 14:51:29 BST 2007

Roger Light wrote:
[---]
> and come up short. I've found just *one* scanner of around £100 or less
> that has any support at all (the Mustek ScanExpress 1200CU+ from
> ebuyer), but I'd be interested it anybody can offer any other
> suggestions.

I'm using an Acer that works fine. A4 flat bed scanner, fluorescent
tube, USB1, old but fine. 300 dpi optical resolution, interpolated upto
600 dpi. Sees just occasional use.

There's the usual question of what you want it for:

Occasional home scans,
scanning documents,
high quality,
bulk scans (with sheet feeder),
size...

Or just cheap?

Of course... There's the usual trick of just choosing what you want then
doing The Google to see if people have that running ok or if it is a
dead dodo. ;-)

(Ok, so sorry, no real help! :-p )

martin at ml1.co.uk