[Nottingham] Which programming language (RE: O'Reilly Books)

Rennacker Ed rennackered at netscape.net
Mon Aug 6 00:29:50 BST 2007

Thanks, people, those answers were great. I am a closet programmer and I
love learning new things. I can read several languages better than I can
write mainly because I have never had a job where I could do programming
on a regular basis and because I am not much of an original thinker. So
I work by the borrow and modify rule. I like Java the best and recently
took a quick look at Ruby. I currently have been working on PHP and now
I am playing with Perl because I have a new job in a Windows shop and
I've heard Perl can search/modify Active Directory. Of course scripts
are fun and when I take the LPI test later this year I understand there
is a scripting requirement.
Cheers,
edward