[Nottingham] Dell disappointment

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Sun Dec 9 13:18:45 GMT 2007

On 09/12/2007, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Good find. Have you emailed Dell support to get their act together?

Good idea.

> > ASUS and their Eee look more promising for Linux reaching the mass market.
> My thoughts also. Especially so in that Windows will be a poor fit due
> to excessive bloat and restrictions...

It seems that one can get WinXP working quite well on the Eee but I
doubt that Vista would squeeze onto it. I once helped a(nother) friend
set up a new PC running Vista Home Basic with only (!) 500Mb RAM. Not
pleasant. I got her to add another 500Mb and it became (sort of)
usable.

Mike

--
Michael Leuty