[Nottingham] Tux Games Antispam - Your message is being held

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Mon Dec 10 12:50:19 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:25 +0000, Michael Leuty wrote:
> On 10/12/2007, Martin Garton <martin at stupids.org> wrote:
> > As for the problem of spam in general, that's something else entirely.
> > There's probably no single solution, but everyone has to do their bit.

> What should the ordinary computer-user be doing?

For many users it probably makes to simply use the anti-spam facilities
offered by their ISP or others, and complain when it doesn't work well
enough.  Also, they should accept that they will always get a small
amount of spam, and should try to learn how to deal with it effectively.

I guess though I wasn't thinking of ordinary users though, but of the
kind of people who set up their own mail servers and get to decide for
themselves how they are going to tackle spam.  Those are the ones who
are in a position to make more of a difference.  Of course that includes
being able to make things worse as well as better.

--
Martin.