Distros (Re: [Nottingham] RE: Nottingham Digest, Vol 219, Issue 14)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 13:15:21 GMT 2007

tony atkins wrote:
> am amazed you managed to get Mandriva Linux working long enough to
> actually want install something on it! - i have struggled with a close
> relative, PCLinux, and am startled when it does not change with each
> reboot. It goes from unstable to volcanic with each update - am off to
[---]

Sure you've not got /hardware/ problems? Or is that just your way of
describing your preferences/choices? :-p

I've found Mandriva to work fine and for years at a time. Current uptime
for one Mandriva box I play on is: "top - 13:11:46 up 445 days, 12:29"

No problems there. I'm just waiting for when the PSU blows up or a fan
fails! (And yes, it does a lot more than 'firewall' duties.)

Then again, I am a bit of a Mandriva fan ;-)

Have fun,

martin at ml1.co.uk