[Nottingham] Big Wok - possible eating place for a LUG social?

Alex Tibbles alex_tibbles at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 08:47:26 GMT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Simon Osborne <flibble at gmail.com>
To: nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sent: Monday, 19 February, 2007 8:48:02 AM
Subject: [Nottingham] Big Wok - possible eating place for a LUG social?

Hiya,

As I mentioned to Martin at the LAN event, there is a new
all-you-can-eat type placey that's opened on Upper Parliament street.
http://www.bigwok.co.uk/

I'll be beta testing this place at the end of the month and reporting
back on how it fairs. However on walking past I notice it's a lot
brighter and nicer looking than Number1.

They do the usual chinese, malaysian, singaporian grub but they also
do a bit of Indian stuff, and Japanese. And they even do sushi.

Prices are £8.99 for the grand buffet which includes everything. Apart
from drinks, obviously.

As the Nottingham place is quite new, they haven't yet updated the
website. However, I guess the Birmingham menu is simular.

http://www.bigwok.co.uk/birmingham-menu.htm

Simon

I can report that it's good at lunch time (when only 4.99UKP). FYI sashimi is 1UKP extra.

alex