[Nottingham] Ubuntu update wants to remove nvidia driver....

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Jan 11 19:49:39 GMT 2007

Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on here...

Adept Updater in Kubuntu wnats to do a few updates today, including an upgrade
of the xorg package and three linux-restricted-modules packages.  It also
wants to uninstall nvidia-glx.

I'm a little concerned about allowing it to uninstall the nvidia driver
without there being any obvious replacement shown - unless it's been subsumed
into one of the xorg or restricted packages.

Can anyone confirm this is OK?  I've had nightmares in the past when an
upgrade broke a video driver, then dependency hell prevented me simply
reinstalling the uninstalled driver....

--
David Aldred