[Nottingham] Need a cheap Windows laptop :(

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Tue Jan 16 10:28:10 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 01:07 -0800, Ovid wrote:

> Anyone have an inexpensive Windows laptop they want to sell?
> Regrettably, I need one.  Is there a place in Notts which might sell
> something like that?

Two questions:

1) Would a PII 350 be good enough for your needs?

2) If it is just for cross platform compatibility testing, have you
thought about using a VM on a linux host?  I do this all the time at
work using QEMU running Windows 2000 or WinXP as a guest.  VirtualBox is
now another option for doing this easily as it was released as open
source this week and appears to be better than QEMU in some ways (and
not as good in others)

--
Martin.