[Nottingham] Need a cheap Windows laptop :(

Ovid publiustemp-nlug at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 10:34:23 GMT 2007

--- Martin Garton <martin at stupids.org> wrote:

> 1) Would a PII 350 be good enough for your needs?

No, I need something relatively recent.

> 2) If it is just for cross platform compatibility testing, have you
> thought about using a VM on a linux host?

As I'm moving to London and will be staying in a hotel for a month or
so, it's really got to be a laptop and since I'm awful at anything
requiring *systems* type work, the idea of setting up a VM on a Linux
laptop to run Windows scares me (I've failed miserably at this before).
 I'd much prefer to just have a cheap Windows laptop where I can focus
on getting my software running on Windows and not worrying about
anything else.

Cheers,
Ovid

--