[Nottingham][Talk] *TODAY* Thur 18/01/07 Relational databases, SQL and PostgreSQL.

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Fri Jan 19 09:28:14 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 09:13 +0000, Michael Erskine wrote:

> Yes, that was a good talk - thanks Martin G. Apparently the run through of the
> talk took 8 minutes. It took 3 hours with audience participation and a
> half-time break. I loved being able to interrupt

Thanks.  After a shaky start (forgetting the laptop power supply and
having a dead battery)  it seemed to turn out okay. My laptop appears
undamaged after several hours of running on an inappropiate voltage.

Apologies to those who had to leave that the talk ran on so long and
they didn't get to see it all.  I will put the slides and examples
somewhere useful later today for those that want them.

As I mentioned last night, it was hard to know what level to aim the
talk at because some LUG members have never heard of SQL before and
others write large scale database apps for a living, and it was never
clear who was going to turn up.  So this one was aimed at beginners with
a few slightly more advanced bits thrown in.

There is a lot of scope for a followup at a more advanced level if
people are interested.

--
Martin.