[Nottingham] Eager Queues and GNU Hurd.

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 21:06:52 GMT 2007

Jason Cozens wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 20:35 +0000, Martin wrote:
[---]
>> Checking diary and events: LAN Party Sunday 18th Feb. Who's interested?
>>
>> (I'll have a few bits'n'pieces to show off by then also.)
>>
> What time do these events happen?

There'll be someone there from noon until late into the evening. Turn up
whenever. Most likely it will be at the Starr Inn in Beeston.

>>> The channel is very noisy so that processors can join quickly.
>> [---]
>>> Although there are a lot of broadcasts there won't be too many
>>> collisions. The purpose of continually broadcasting the state of
>>> the scheduling is that every scheduling processor knows which
>>> processor is expected to broadcast next. This not only avoids
>>> collisions but helps to isolate faulty processors.
>> OK, a sort of round-robin roll-call.
> [...]
> Can I come back to this?

Yep. That's the whole idea of open-source and open discussion to bounce
ideas around. A few beers can help also :-)

[---]
>> I'm certainly very interested in this.
>>
>> We have next:
>> Beeston Beers;
>> Foodie Social;
>> LAN Party?;
>> LaTeX pt2;
>> Foodie Social;
>> GStreamer or Eager Queues.
>>
>> Or we add an extra talk into March to make up for the short February?
>>
> Can I confirm a date in a week or two?

Yes, no probs. I've only dated up to the LaTeX talk(s) so far (Jonathan
& Dr Dick).

> I've found a few references on this but I'm having problems getting the
> datagrams to go where I want.

Presumably, you want them to go /everywhere/. Is that not just a
function of sending them to the respective broadcast address for your
network?

> BSD Sockets Programming from a Multi-Language Perspective.
> M Tim Jones.
>
> Sockets, Shellcode, Porting & Coding: Reverse Engineering Exploits
> and Tool Coding for Security Professionals.
> Foster & Price.
>
> My SourceForge project has been approved:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/eqp/
>
> So I'll start posting some code there.

Or post onto the NLUG forum and put links in here to avoid making the
digests unwieldy for those whom do the digests bit?

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/user/register

Anyone else to jump in?

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/

martin at ml1.co.uk