[Nottingham] LAN Party! Sunday 18th Feb

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 17:01:10 GMT 2007

Jim Moore wrote:
> I'll bring Bob.
>
> If you missed it last time, Bob is the Big Orange Bag. Rackswitch, cables, you
> name it. I'll bring some flash drives as well, just in case anyone's after
> any.
>
> I'll also bring Bob again. That's my Big Ol' Bike. By then he'll have a tablet
> PC/jukebox/GPS/GPRS/VOIP thing permanently mounted (I hope) or at the least
> the ability to hook it up. It doubles as a PA system as well. :) Any
> volunteers to help me lug 'im up the stairs, scream now.

You're on and we now have a LAN Party!

There's Josh, yourself and myself at the very least to set the stuff up.

Likely there will also be Martin G (WiFi widget) and Michael E for
setup/goodies.

And anyone else whom wants to come to have a play. Spread the word!

There'll be the usual troubleshooting and install help. I'll be playing
with my server box to benchmark multiple ways for file and data
transfers. And I've still got a LAN shoot-em'-up on there somewhere...

Any 'events' or 'themes' that people want to see there?

I'll post up more details soon. Discussions and planning at the Beeston
Beers next week Wed 31st.

martin at ml1.co.uk