[Nottingham] Eager Queues and GNU Hurd.

Jason Cozens jason.cozens at computer.org
Wed Jan 24 19:21:04 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 22:01 +0000, Martin wrote:

> Then again, what was the question?

The question is: I want to set up a number of copies of a UDP client
listening on different ip addresses so I can test out some ideas. This
mainly involves using a UDP broadcast which as I understand it is to a
given port.

So for example I want to do something like:

ip addr add 192.168.0.11/24 brd + dev eth0 label eth0:1
ip addr add 192.168.0.12/24 brd + dev eth0 label eth0:2
ip addr add 192.168.0.13/24 brd + dev eth0 label eth0:3

To set up the addresses and then set off the clients:

./udptest 192.168.0.11 &
./udptest 192.168.0.12 &
./udptest 192.168.0.13 &

When the clients start up they will broadcast a JOIN message and then go
into an UPDATE state, I'm hoping to add in some randomly based behaviour
to see how things work.

There will be more clients than this so I'm hoping I can do some tests
on a single computer.

I think my problem is more to do with BSD socket programming or I hope
it is anyway!

Cheers,
Jason.