[Nottingham] Linux PC super-cluster possible?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 04:59:16 BST 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 23:22:32 Martin wrote:
> OK, so what do I lose dropping back to 2.4 rather than a 2.6 kernel?
Bloat and a ton of unwanted functionality :) -- nah, I stuck with 2.4 kernels
for my embedded systems, not for any (known) technical reasons but because I
don't have time to make 2.6 work!

If you're serious, just pick a distro, suck it and see! You'll find out if
there's something you need that it can't do.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.