[Nottingham] Mozilla Firefox URL syntax

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 21:18:58 BST 2007

Peter Woods wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> Anyone know what the syntax is for Mozilla Firefox to display multiple
>> tabs from a single bookmark?
>>
>> That is, you use a keyword (single bookmark) to then have Firefox open
>> and display multiple tabs...
>>
>> How?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Martin
>>

> Put all the pages in a folder.
> FF will ask if you wish to open all the bookmarks.
>
> Go to BOOKMARKS and click on the folder.
> At the bottom is Open all in tabs.

There is that. However there is no option with that for setting a
"keyword" so that you can select the folder of bookmarks in one go by
just typing the keyword into the address bar. (Or, in my case, just two
or three cryptic letters!)

There is a syntax used whereby you can store multiple "http:" URLs all
as one address. It's used when you first install Firefox for the
homepage for example.

Short of me reinstalling... Any clue as to the URL separator used?

Thanks,

martin at ml1.co.uk