[Nottingham] Linux Emporium Talk

namaste marcel.taylor at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 31 20:01:33 BST 2007

Hello All,
I've been asking Linux Emporium questions about the Thinkpad Z61m. John
Pinner has offered to give us a talk. So does someone want to organise it?

MT: What else did you do to get the laptop hardware working? Could you
supply the documentation or tell me where I can get the documentation of
all the things you did and how you did them?

JP: Not really. There's no documentation as such, it's all in the
install scripts themselves, and we're not publishing them. We have given
them to the Ubuntu developers, but they haven't done anything with them,
which is very disappointing as they correct a couple of fundamental bugs
in the Ubuntu acpi system as well as updating the data for Thinkpads and
Lenovo 3000's. Producing documentation would be a costly exercise and
wipe out any hope of profit from the laptop sales, which have a very low
margin.

I see you're a Nottingham LUG activist, so if you're short of a talk we
could do one for you, and tell you more then!

John Pinner.
john at linuxemporium.co.uk
The Linux Emporium                      'Software for the Cognoscenti'
Bridge House, 17a Maybrook Road
Sutton Coldfield, B76 1AL. UK
Tel: +44 121 313 3857.  Fax: +44 121 313 3860