[Nottingham] Paypal Website Payments Pro and PHP

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:45:13 BST 2007

On 14 May 2007, at 12:29, Richard Hayes wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with having programmed an interface
> for PayPal's "Website Payments Pro" in PHP5?

No but ....

> So she has asked me if I can put a proper Credit Card authorisation
> system in, whereby it talks to PayPal in the background (using CURL
> perhaps?), and my script gets an instant Computer-Says-Yes/No
> answer without the customer leaving her site.
[snip]
> Any pointers, ideas, would be gratefully accepted.

Presume you've seen: http://paypal.sourceforge.net/

Also, this video talks about doing something similar with Rails and I
presume the idea is the same (interacting with a web service if I
recall correctly): http://clickablebliss.com/blog/2007/03/11/
building_the_store/

Hope that's some help,

Joshua Lock