[Nottingham] Paypal Website Payments Pro and PHP

Richard Hayes ricky at domainarena.net
Mon May 14 14:31:15 BST 2007

Hello fellas.

> Frankly it would scare me more to think I was feeding my card details into
> a PHP form knocked up by a bedroom hacker on a shared hosting box than it
> would to just let pay pal have it.

I've evidently done a bad job of explaining what I mean!

PayPal provide a pay service, where, after signing up for it, you speak
HTTPs to them on a special URL to do background credit/debit card
authorisation -- I'm not doing anything remotely against the Terms and
Conditions of PayPal!

This service is called Website Payments Pro UK -- They provide an API but I
just don't understand it.

The link that Josh sent earlier is to implement Website Payments Standard,
which basically makes a form which posts to PayPal and then takes you back
to your thanks/success/error page after the transaction. That's easy and,
according to her, people don't like it.

So it brings me back to WPP UK...

--Ricky