[Nottingham] [Social/Chat] Thurs 17/05/2007 - Informal Nav Beers'n'Chat

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Sat May 19 08:23:00 BST 2007

On 18/05/07, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Well... It has already suffered some of the same security scares and
> updates/patches as earlier versions of Windows...
> Of course, no code is released and so we can't see for sure... But then,
> there is the Microsoft code that /was/ released that we can compare with:
> Vista – End of the Dream?
> By Dave Jewell
> ("Unmaintainable.")

I know (almost) nothing about programming, but I can understand that
there are advantages in developing large software projects as a
collection of small independent components that interact with each
other in specified ways. Given the nature of the collaboration between
open-source developers, GNU/Linux could hardly have been created any
other way.

Interestingly I see that Microsoft intend to make Windows Server 2008
more modular:

Things seem to be well into the "then they fight you" phase.  :-)

Mike

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK