[Nottingham] Adding Intel module to Knoppix

Edward rennackered at netscape.net
Tue Nov 13 07:04:34 GMT 2007

Hello and good day.
I have bought some new Dell desktops (755) that come with some new
chipsets. As I use Knoppix for my repair/recovery disk, I need to add
some modules so that it recognises the Sata drives and giga-nic. Intel
makes it easy with a Linux driver (e1000) for the nic, but I am stuck
figuring out the ICH9 Sata driver. This shouldn't be that hard, but me
head is fuzzy. Knoppix runs the 2.6.19 kernel.
Anyone familiar with this hardware? When I boot knoppix and run lspci I
get a long list of: 'Intel - unknown device', but it does boot and run
fine, just can't see the nic or sata drive.
Thanks,
edward