[Nottingham] old PCs - idea

Jim Moore james at the-computer-shop.co.uk
Sat Nov 17 13:13:02 GMT 2007

For anyone who's currently between jobs/wants a career change/fancies
something different...

... I've been playing with this idea for a while now but haven't had the
time to either set it up nor the financial incentive to. I've already
got my CG7307 in teaching (by a few years now), so am able to offer
pointers and maybe a little help in setting up a curriculum, with a view
to opening up shop at Castle College for evening classes in Linux
computing. Currently there are few, if any, classes specifically in
Linux /anywhere/ in curricular or vocational levels at an affordable
price, and I thought it might be nice to be able to offer something
which would also be subsidised by the Government (hence the location).

Any thoughts? I originally got the CG for teaching home PC building and
maintenance but quickly found that there were places springing up
everywhere for just this, so gave up on that idea and went self employed
instead.