[Nottingham] Problems recording in stereo

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Tue Nov 20 14:07:22 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 13:52 +0000, Martin wrote:

> Best is to start a new thread by using "New" or "Write" rather than
> doing a "reply" to an existing thread about vacuum cleaners...

Perhaps it's time that popular mail clients prompted the user whenever
they totally change the subject line when replying.  Something like "It
looks like you might want to start a new thread. Send as new message or
as reply?" or similar.

> Try finding a "mixer" app for your sound so that you can un-mute
> whatever inputs and enable stereo or whatever.
>
> Sorry, don't know off-hand what the Gnome-mixer is called. Anyone else?
> Try looking in the multimedia menus and/or applications selection.

It's called gnome-volume-control and can usually be opened via a right
click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.  I'm not sure it will help in
this case though, given the description of the problem.  I might be
wrong of course.

--
Martin.