[Nottingham] [Fix-it] *TONIGHT* 22/11/07 Nav fix-it & install evening

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 01:00:10 GMT 2007

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> *Tonight*
>
>>> This Thursday 22/11/07:
>>>
>>> General Fix-it and Install evening at The Navigation
>>>
>>> and whatever troubleshooting and discussions and beer and...
>>>
>>> Well, see who turns up!

'Twas good to see some new and old not-so-new faces there.

Also very good to see Marcel's new diskless toy!

And thanks to Christopher for his interesting "Linux history" mini-talk.

While I can still remember:

Christopher is lined up to give a distros comparison talk;

Steve has volunteered a talk on RiscOS;

The links I mentioned are:

TLDP
http://tldp.org/

And for LAMP, look somewhere in:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/apps.html#SERVERHTTP

And I'll be using LVM on top of software RAID mirror for my HDD playing.

It was a good evening with some interesting bits 'n' pieces.

Suggestions are welcomed for the Christmas nosh:

First suggestion is Bentons,
second is Big Wok,
others?

And howz about a LAN party early next year to show off whatever
Christmas goodies have been acquired?

martin at ml1.co.uk