[Nottingham] [Fix-it] (last night's) fix-it & install evening

Edward rennackered at netscape.net
Fri Nov 23 06:17:38 GMT 2007

Martin wrote:

>> Folks,
>>
>> *Tonight*

> 'Twas good to see some new and old not-so-new faces there.
>
> Also very good to see Marcel's new diskless toy!
>
> And thanks to Christopher for his interesting "Linux history" mini-talk.
>

> While I can still remember:
>
> Christopher is lined up to give a distros comparison talk;
>
> Steve has volunteered a talk on RiscOS;
>
> The links I mentioned are:
>
> TLDP
> http://tldp.org/
>
> And for LAMP, look somewhere in:
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/apps.html#SERVERHTTP
>

> And I'll be using LVM on top of software RAID mirror for my HDD playing.
>

> It was a good evening with some interesting bits 'n' pieces.
>

> Suggestions are welcomed for the Christmas nosh:
>
> First suggestion is Bentons,
> second is Big Wok,
> others?
>

> And howz about a LAN party early next year to show off whatever
> Christmas goodies have been acquired?
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

I am so glad you had a fruitful NLUG meet. However, I am an idiot, and I
do not deserve to live.
I was so excited about the meet that I loaded up my vehicle on the
Wednesday! I then drove between the Ice house and Queens Med for an hour
with 5 stops at shops to ask.... @ 8:30 I drove home, it wasn't meant to
be.
I had my interesting 'cannot log on' machine. And a brand new dell that
I was trying to turn into a Debian/Raid backup box, but got as bit lost
in the LVM area. Things work, but swapping disks in and out is weak. I
apologise, am very sad I missed it and in my defense I will say that it
has been a few months since I was downtown and it was night.. blah, blah.

I am a failure as a LUG member and now, with my full time Window's World
job, I must go over to the dark side.

Cheers and happy holidays,
edward